- 10 Ayurvedic Tips for Boosting Concentration
- How to Use an Ayurvedic Daily Routine to Prevent and Manage Autoimmune Disease
- If You Poop Little Balls…
- Golden Milk – The Recipe to Balance All Doshas
- Misunderstandings of the Modern Chakra-Healing Movements
- 11 Ways to Avoid and Reduce Wrinkles
- Seasonal Bloom: Kapha
- 8 Tips for a Healthy Spring Diet
- How to Understand Romantic Relationships in Ayurveda
- Nectar of Love – The Ultimate Ojas Building Treat
Kale Lemonade with Ginger & Apple (Kalemgin Apple)
When spring weather feels heavy and humid like the tropics, this refeshing juice can help you stay clear-headed and light. In spring, it’s a warm day that makes you sick. Thick, humid air makes you feel swollen, heavy, and stuffy. Your lymph nodes may even swell, indicating a congested liver and blood.
The bitter taste in kale, and sour taste in lemon and apple flush and cleanse the liver by stimulating bile release. Release of bile, a fatty substance, also aids your body yanking winter fats out of the bloodstream. After drinking kale lemonade you may even notice rhythmic contractions of the gall bladder as it pumps bile into the small intestine.
The pungent taste in ginger re-ignites circulation and digestive fire while it dries up a runny nose. As Kale Lemonade is alkalizing and Pitta-reducing, drinking it cools and refreshes the eyes.