- Kapha’s Vices
- Get your glow with Ayurveda
- The raw truth about raw food diets
- Emulsifiers in common foods erode your gut
- Growing Tulsi to Cultivate Harmony
- Ayurveda helps us understand that “all life is yoga”
- Moving Towards a Sattvic Life
- Pitta’s Vices
- How To Transition from Your Ayurvedic Spring Cleanse
- Ten Secrets for Pure Energy and Contentment
Kale Lemonade with Ginger & Apple (Kalemgin Apple)
When spring weather feels heavy and humid like the tropics, this refeshing juice can help you stay clear-headed and light. In spring, it’s a warm day that makes you sick. Thick, humid air makes you feel swollen, heavy, and stuffy. Your lymph nodes may even swell, indicating a congested liver and blood.
The bitter taste in kale, and sour taste in lemon and apple flush and cleanse the liver by stimulating bile release. Release of bile, a fatty substance, also aids your body yanking winter fats out of the bloodstream. After drinking kale lemonade you may even notice rhythmic contractions of the gall bladder as it pumps bile into the small intestine.
The pungent taste in ginger re-ignites circulation and digestive fire while it dries up a runny nose. As Kale Lemonade is alkalizing and Pitta-reducing, drinking it cools and refreshes the eyes.