- Recipe: Potato-Leek Soup with Fennel Seeds and Red Pepper Flakes
- Treat the 3 Types of Anemia
- Love Thyself First: Lavender Rose Milk Bath
- Ayurveda for Seasonal Affective Disorder
- 4 Ways to Kick the Cause of Hot Flashes
- Can You Screen Your Screen Time?
- Dashamula: 10 Roots to Ground Vata
- Recipe: Salmon Burgers
- How to Cool Down in the Heat of the Moment
- Vedic Astrology for February 2016
Cilantro Lime Salsa
Freshen up your skin for spring! Spring fever is here and rosy cheeks will soon replace your winter pallor. The warmer temperatures stimulate blood flow, especially to the skin. That’s why on hot humid days your might some notice congestion and swelling of the feet and hands. The swelling is a sign that your winter skin may benefit from some encouragement.
Cilantro Lime Salsa helps prepare your body for the warmer weather ahead by flushing the skin, liver, and digestive tract. By opening the pores, raw onions help cleanse the skin and flush our hands and feet when they are swollen. Raw onions also purge and cleanse the digestive tract. The onions in Cilantro Lime Salsa are marinated in lime to soften the sharpness. The marinade makes the onion more digestible and pleasant on the palate.
Lime, as all sours, stimulates secretion of bile, flushing the gall bladder and cleansing the liver. Cilantro’s cooling nature is well suited to the hot temperatures of late spring. Meanwhile its bitter and pungent qualities continue to purify the blood and stimulate digestion.