- Breast milk: the original probiotic
- 6 Ayurveda-inspired ways to spice up your love life
- Learning Sacred Anatomy: Part 6—Dharma & Agni
- The high price of gas
- Osteoporosis: an Ayurvedic approach
- Danger of cooking with high heat
- “It’s supposed to be good for ya.”—Then why isn’t it?
- Herb Profile: Turmeric
- Recipe: Hibiscus Mint Sun Tea
- Learning Sacred Anatomy: Part 5—Sacred Politics
Cilantro Lime Salsa
Freshen up your skin for spring! Spring fever is here and rosy cheeks will soon replace your winter pallor. The warmer temperatures stimulate blood flow, especially to the skin. That’s why on hot humid days your might some notice congestion and swelling of the feet and hands. The swelling is a sign that your winter skin may benefit from some encouragement.
Cilantro Lime Salsa helps prepare your body for the warmer weather ahead by flushing the skin, liver, and digestive tract. By opening the pores, raw onions help cleanse the skin and flush our hands and feet when they are swollen. Raw onions also purge and cleanse the digestive tract. The onions in Cilantro Lime Salsa are marinated in lime to soften the sharpness. The marinade makes the onion more digestible and pleasant on the palate.
Lime, as all sours, stimulates secretion of bile, flushing the gall bladder and cleansing the liver. Cilantro’s cooling nature is well suited to the hot temperatures of late spring. Meanwhile its bitter and pungent qualities continue to purify the blood and stimulate digestion.