- Euphoria: Get the Rush without the Risk
- How to Use the Primordial Sounds of the Chakras for Healing
- Shhhh…it’s time to sleep.
- Become Energized by Tapping into a Source of Long-Lasting Vitality!
- Pratyahara and Mastering the Senses
- Eightfold Examination in Ayurveda
- Darshan Project Video Series: Part 2 – General Approaches
- What the Hell Should We Eat Anyway?
- How to Ask Holistic Health Practitioners the “Right” Questions
- 8 Promises and Benefits of Hatha Yoga
Pitta Herbs & Products
If you have a predominant Pitta constitution, or Pitta dosha is predominant in your current state of imbalance, these are some of our favorite Pitta herbs and products to help restore balance.
Pitta Massage Oil
- Calming. Cooling. Soothing.
- Cooling herbs that calm and soothe pitta
- Relaxes the tension associated with pitta
- Softens the skin while providing a buffer from the irritations of daily life
- Promotes clear, healthy skin
This aromatic oil is a cooling blend of nine organic herbs, including brahmi, guduchi and manjistha, in a base of sesame and sunflower oils. These herbs are traditionally used in Ayurveda to address pitta by removing excess heat while relaxing the tension associated with pitta. A daily self-massage benefits the skin, where pitta tends to accumulate, supports healthy circulation and helps move toxins out of the system. Experience the soothing benefits of Pitta Massage Oil.
Pitta is composed of the elements fire and water. Transformation in the body always requires pitta: digestion, metabolism, temperature maintenance, sensory perception, and comprehension. Pitta tends to be driven and ambitious and benefits from the break provided by a soothing massage, which is enhanced by the cooling and cleansing qualities of the herbs found in Pitta Massage Oil. Pitta also holds tension in the muscles and is relaxed by the therapeutic touch of a warm oil massage.
Pitta Herbs for Digestion: Pitta Digest tablets
- Digestion Formula for Pitta
- Promotes healthy digestion without aggravating pitta
- Maintains healthy digestive acid levels and a healthy stomach lining
- Supports a comfortable post-meal experience
Pitta Digest is a dynamic combination of herbs formulated to strengthen digestion without aggravating pitta. Excess pitta causes increased heat, sharpness and oiliness in the digestive tract. These qualities aggravate and inflame the digestive fire, creating conditions which can lead to discomfort. Pitta Digest contains herbs that support healthy digestion while cooling and soothing the tissues in the GI tract.
Pitta Herbs to Relieve Excess Heat: Healthy Pitta tablets
- Balancing Formula for Pitta
- Removes excess pitta from the system
- Restores and maintains balanced pitta
- For pitta constitutions and imbalances
- Supports overall health and well-being
Healthy Pitta is a soothing blend of herbs formulated specifically to balance pitta dosha without aggravating vata or kapha. It may be used year-round by those with pitta constitutions to support overall health and well-being.
Healthy Pitta may also be used by any constitutional type that is experiencing a temporary pitta imbalance. For those with a dual constitution that includes pitta or a tridoshic constitution, it is an excellent formula for pitta season, which in most parts of the world is summer. The heat and brightness of summer tends to aggravate pitta.
Healthy Pitta contains herbs that cool the system, helping the body to remain healthy throughout the season. According to Ayurveda, middle age is the pitta stage of life, a time when responsibilities, stress, and the intensity of daily life can be at their peak and further provoke pitta. Healthy Pitta helps calm the mind, soothe fiery emotions and support a cooler, more balanced temperament.
Pitta Herbs for Bowel Health: Triphala tablets
- Balancing Formula for Detoxification & Rejuvenation
- Assists natural internal cleansing
- Gently maintains regularity
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the tissues
- Supports healthy digestion and absorption
- Natural antioxidant
Triphala is recommended and used more than any other Ayurvedic herbal formulation. Popular for its unique ability to gently cleanse and detoxify the system while simultaneously replenishing and nourishing it, this traditional formula supports the proper functions of the digestive, circulatory, respiratory and genitourinary systems.
Translated as “three fruits”, it is composed of the dried fruits of amalaki, bibhitakiand haritaki. Containing five of the six tastes (all but salty), Triphala readily removes excess vata, pitta and kapha from the body, bringing balance and proper functioning to the system. It is commonly taken as a daily supplement to help maintain balance of the doshas.
Brahmi/Gotu Kola liquid extract
- A mental rejuvenative that supports healthy brain and nervous system function
- Supports memory, intelligence and concentration
- Supports proper function of the nervous system
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
Those familiar with “the doctrine of signatures” may not find it surprising that a plant with a leaf that resembles a cerebellum, would have a special affinity for the brain. Brahmi is a renowned mental rejuvenative traditionally used to promote the intellect, enhance mental performance and support proper function of the nervous system. The leaves are highly sattvic (pure, harmonious) and historically have been eaten by yogis to assist in meditation.
Brahmi is said to improve concentration, memory and alertness. It is a natural blood purifier and helps support clear, healthy skin. Brahmi is also famous for promoting healthy, lustrous hair and is often applied as an oil for this purpose. The herb is cooling and relaxing, making it an excellent tonic for pitta. It also calms vata in the mind and reduces excess kapha in the body. A truly amazing herb that lives up to its name, which means “the energy of universal consciousness”.
Sleep Easy Oil
- Deep Restful Sleep
- Apply before bed for a night of restful sleep
- Calms the nerves and quiets the mind
- Grounds and pacifies vata
- Soothes and balances pitta
This calming oil brings you powerful Ayurvedic herbs that promote healthy sleep patterns and deep rest and relaxation. Healthy sleep patterns are crucial as they allow the body to restore and rejuvenate while letting the mind process, learn and de-stress. This cooling and soothing formula is intended to be used with the traditional method of head and foot massage at night before going to bed.
Application to the head, temples and soles of the feet helps ground the light and mobile nature of vata and balance the sharp and active nature of pitta, promoting the heavier qualities needed for sleep. The blend is in a base of four organic oils, which come together to bring nourishment, subtle warmth for penetration, and gentle cooling for relaxation. Sleep Easy Oil is then finished with a hint of jasmine and chamomile flowers, bringing soothing scents with ever so mild floral notes. Massage this oil into your head and feet for a rejuvenating night of rest.
Daily Routine Kit
The Daily Routine Kit provides you with the basic supplies you need to kickstart your Ayurvedic daily routine:
- Daily Massage Oil (4oz.): Daily Massage Oil is formulated to balance all three doshas: vata, pitta, and kapha. The base uses both warming and cooling oils to allow the oil to have a simultaneous penetrating and soothing effect.
- Triphala tablets: This formula contains three of the most important Ayurvedic herbs for detoxification and rejuvenation. Made from the powder of three superfruits, Triphala promotes healthy elimination while also replenishing the tissues and supporting your immune system.
- Tongue Cleaner: According to Ayurveda, cleaning the tongue is an important part of the daily oral hygiene routine, along with regular brushing and flossing of the teeth. Gently scraping the tongue with a tongue cleaner can effectively reduce the bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath.
- Nasya Oil (1oz.): Nasya Oil soothes and protects the nasal passages and helps relieve sinus congestion. Daily nasal lubrication helps to release tension in the head and relieve accumulated stress. Balancing for vata, pitta, and kapha, Nasya Oil is also traditionally said to improve quality of voice, strengthen vision and promote mental clarity.
Pitta Herbs for the Blood: Blood Cleanse tablets
- Detoxification & Support for Healthy Blood
- Supports natural detoxification of the blood
- Removes excess heat from the body
- Promotes circulation and proper function of the liver
- Promotes healthy skin through deep systemic cleansing
Blood Cleanse is a blend of five powerful blood purifiers that remove natural toxins from the blood, lymph and liver supporting vibrant, healthy skin. According to Ayurveda, a key component to maintaining healthy skin is regular detoxification of the blood. It is not uncommon for improperly digested food, cellular waste and other toxins to accumulate in the blood. The body naturally seeks to rid itself of these toxins through the GI tract, urine and sweat. Pitta-related skin irritations and imbalances are often an indication that the system has become overloaded. Blood Cleanse helps the body detoxify with herbs that purify the blood and encourage elimination by way of the GI tract. These herbs also work to remove excess pitta and to support the skin’s natural healing process.
Neem & Aloe Soap
This cooling and pitta soothing soap is made with organic neem leaf and oil, along with aloe vera and a hint of vetiver.
- Tranquility for the Body and Mind
- Supports healthy hair growth
- Promotes natural hair color and luster
- Cooling rejuvenative to calm excess pitta
- Supports a calm mind, healthy skin and a clear complexion
This soothing oil delivers the powerful hair strengthening qualities of the Ayurvedic herb bhringaraj in an organic sesame oil base. Balancing to all three doshas, bhringaraj’s cooling nature particularly addresses pitta, which is often at the root of hair issues such as premature greying and hair loss. Traditionally used to encourage healthy hair growth and better sleep, it also cools the head and calms the mind, making it an excellent choice for massaging the scalp and feet. Bhringaraj can also be helpful in clearing pitta from the nervous system and skin.
- Detoxification & Rejuvenation for Pitta
- Removes excess pitta from the system
- Assists natural internal cleansing and maintains regularity
- Stimulates digestive fire without aggravating pitta
- Natural antioxidant
As one of the three ingredients in Triphala, Amalaki is a potent rejuvenative that nourishes the tissues and gently removes natural toxins. It is generally taken in place of Triphala by those with excess heat in the digestive tract.
Amalaki’s cooling action removes excess pitta from the GI tract, supporting a healthy stomach lining and the proper function of digestive acids. It also cleanses the colon, eliminating excess toxins and heat while supporting healthy bowel movements. Amalaki is a highly concentrated source of antioxidants and is deeply nourishing to the body tissues. It promotes healthy eyes, bones, blood, teeth, hair and nails while supporting the proper function of the liver, spleen, pancreas, heart and lungs.
Pitta Herbs for Women: Shatavari powder
- Rejuvenative for vata & pitta that promotes vitality and strength
- Nourishing tonic for men and women
- Maintains a healthy female reproductive system
- Supports healthy lactation
- Promotes fertility and a healthy libido
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) is a rejuvenating herb that cools the body and strengthens and nourishes the tissues. Traditionally used to maintain the healthy production of female hormones, Shatavari may be translated as “100 spouses,” implying its role in promoting fertility and vitality. As a nutritive tonic it encourages the healthy production of milk in lactating mothers and the healthy production of semen in would be fathers. It is also useful during menopause and for women who have had hysterectomies.
Shatavari supports a healthy immune system and assists in both physical and mental digestion. Its unctuous quality soothes and nurtures membranes of the lungs, stomach, kidneys and reproductive organs. Sattvic (pure, harmonious) in nature, Shatavari calms the mind and promotes love and devotion.
- With Shatavari & Rose Geranium
- Firms and rejuvenates the tissues
- Moisturizes and softens the skin
- Assists in gentle detoxification
- Supports breast health
Our award-winning Beauty Balm isn’t just about looking beautiful—it is also about deep nourishment that helps you feel beautiful from the outside-in. It might surprise you to find that ghee provides a base for this nutrient- and moisture-rich balm.
According to Ayurvedic tradition, external use of ghee supports soft, supple skin by effectively helping to balance your skin’s moisture levels. Shatavari and ashwagandha are infused into this versatile formulation to tone, nourish, and rejuvenate the tissues.
Beauty Balm can be your go-to balm for any body part that needs to be immersed in and protected by moisture. It is often used as a skin cream, eye cream, moisturizer for dry and aging skin, hand cream, lip balm, elbow and knee moisturizer, nail and cuticle cream, and as a deep moisturizer for the feet and heels. Saturate your skin and give your unique beauty the opportunity to glow brightly!