- Beauty Secrets for Healthy Skin
- Cardamom: Wake Up Your Taste Buds
- What is the Quintessential Herb for the Female Reproductive System?
- The Unlikely Ally of the Natural Hair Movement
- 3 Reasons Why Raw Vegan Desserts Make you Feel Awful
- Ginger: The Universal Medicine
- How I Teach Ayurveda
- The Ugly Side of Calcium Supplements
- Gluten is NOT the Problem, Your Digestion Is.
- 20 Tips for Balance at High Altitudes
AAPNA’s International Standards for Ayurvedic Education and Practice
A couple weeks ago, I posted a blog about NAMA’s new scope of practice recommendations.
The Association of Ayurvedic Practitioners of North America (AAPNA) is working on their own standards, and they’re similar to NAMA’s, but not the same.
AAPNA’s guidelines are based on a model of training used by:
1. WHO (World Health Organization) Benchmarks for Training in Ayurveda
2. AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy), Government of India
3. AUCM (American University of Complementary Medicine), CA, USA
4. SCU (Southern California University of Health Sciences), CA, USA
5. KAA (Kerala Ayurveda Academy), WA, USA
6. NWA (New World Ayurveda), ME, USA
7. Middlesex University, London, UK
AAPNA is looking for feedback on this process, so please visit their site to learn more, and also leave your comments below.
Standards are going to be really important for Ayurveda, and ultimately, I believe that unity in this area will be important for a cohesive community, health freedom legislation efforts, and licensing in our profession.
AND…quite honestly, it probably won’t matter much until more practitioners are thriving with their businesses.
Fact: In the U.S., we graduate around 400 students from our Ayurvedic institutions each year.
Fact: About 10% (40 students) go on to do something with their practice…90% (360) students do nothing!
Fact: Of the 40 that go on to do something with their practice, most will continue to doing other work to actually pay the bills, and the very few who do their practice full time expect to make around $25K-$30K.
If you’d like to have a different experience and different results…
- If you’d like to start your practice and change it so that you have lots of committed happily paying clients right away,
- If you’d like to earn a GREAT income in your practice FROM THE BEGINNING,
- If you’d like to truly make a significant impact in your community,
- If you’d like to avoid the financial struggle and inner lack of confidence that comes from NOT being able to sustain yourself from your practice…
…then there are things you’re going to need to change in your “inner game” and things you’re going to need to change in your “outer game.”
You’re going to need to understand, feel, and believe different things about your clients, your work, and yourself, AND you’re going to need to take new, clear, conscious actions that work together to get clients, and keep them committed and successfully making changes while paying you really well.
If you’re truly ready for that, ready to do the work you spent 1-3 years or more investing in, studying, developing passion for…and to get PAID really well to help people with what you know.
And If you’re truly ready and open to see things differently than you have, especially the stuff you’re pretty sure you “already know,” and challenge yourself to take some new actions and implement some new strategies (that have already been mapped out for you and successfully tested over and over and over again)…then you should stop waiting and get our program, coaching, and community support IMMEDIATELY.