- Vedic astrology for December 2015
- Herb Profile: Cinnamon
- DIY Ayurvedic Skin Care (Part II: Moisturizer)
- DIY Ayurvedic Skin Care (Part I: Cleanser + Mask)
- 4 Surprising Ways that Ayurveda Can Aid Poor Digestion
- 5 Tips to Feel Great after Thanksgiving Dinner
- Mellow the Holiday Madness with Nutmeg
- 5 Easy Practices to Cool Excess Pitta
- Avoid Black Friday Frenzy: Here’s Your Ayurveda Gift-Giving Guide
- Recipe: Glazed Sweet and Spicy Pecans
Ayurveda and Western Psychiatry: Healing the Mind, an Upcoming Documentary
The ancient wisdom of India might hold keys to understand the very real mental issues that are being experienced so widely today: depression, ADD, anxiety, bipolar disorder. The upcoming documentary Healing the Mind will explore the synthesis of Ayurveda and western psychiatry.
With the acceleration in the speed and volume of experience we live on a daily basis we have seen a similar acceleration in the amount of depression, anxiety, ADD and other mood disorders. Many have turned to medication looking for relief. The use of antidepressants alone has increased nearly 400% since 1990.
Is there another way to address this epidemic? A 5,000 year old scientific tradition known as Ayurveda leads us to believe that there is.
Are you compelled to contribute to the production of this film? Become a sponsor!