- How to Get Glowing Skin with Ayurveda
- Cutting Back on Caffeine
- Craving Sound Sleep? How to Doze in Rhythm with Nature
- Warm Up with Vata-Reducing Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Sugar-free diet: an Ayurvedic review
- Is Coconut Oil the New Toothpaste?
- Vamakukshi: Can a “Catnap” Help Your Digestion?
- Say Goodbye to Constipation – An Ayurvedic Perspective
- The Surprising Truth About Cholesterol
- Ayurvedic Cleanse: How to Reset Health in 4 Days
Kapha Herbs & Products
If you have a predominant Kapha constitution, or Kapha dosha is predominant in your current state of imbalance, these are some of our favorite Kapha herbs and products to help restore balance.
Kapha Massage Oil
- Invigorating. Warming. Revitalizing.
- Invigorating herbs that warm and revitalize kapha
- Stimulates the body and sharpens the mind
- Promotes energy and vitality
- Renews the spirit and instills lightness of being
Formulated in a base of organic sesame and sunflower oils, this invigorating blend contains nine organic herbs including punarnava, chitrak, calamus, and rosemary. This energizing blend of herbs is activating and mobilizing, vital for balancing kapha.
Vigorous massage with warm herbalized oil reduces kapha by promoting mild sweating, stimulating circulation and cleansing the system. Experience the revitalizing and renewing benefits of Kapha Massage Oil during your daily routine.
Kapha is composed of the elements earth and water. Its main function is stability and structure in the body. Kapha forms the substance of the human body, from the skeleton and organs to the fatty molecules (lipids) that are vital for existence. A stimulating and invigorating massage with this herbalized oil can balance kapha, keeping things moving and bringing energy to the individual.
Kapha Herbs for Digestion: Kapha Digest (Trikatu) tablets
- Digestion Formula for Kapha
- Supports proper digestion of fat
- Promotes a healthy metabolism
- Reduces excess kapha
Kapha Digest is the classical Ayurvedic formula known as Trikatu. Translating as “three pungents”, Trikatu contains the herbs pippali, ginger, and black pepper. The powerful heating quality of this combination is traditionally used to enkindle the digestive fire and to burn fat and natural toxins.
Kapha Digest supports a healthy metabolism, allowing nutrients to be properly digested and assimilated, thus aiding in weight management when accompanied by diet and exercise. It is also a rejuvenative for kapha, supporting healthy lungs and clear breathing.
Healthy Kapha tablets
- Balancing Formula for Kapha
- Removes excess kapha from the system
- Restores and maintains balanced kapha
- For kapha constitutions and imbalances
- Supports overall health and well-being
Healthy Kapha is a rejuvenating blend of herbs formulated specifically to balance kapha dosha without aggravating vata or pitta. It may be used year-round by those with kapha constitutions to support overall health and well-being. Healthy Kapha may also be used by any constitutional type that is experiencing a temporary kapha imbalance. For those with a dual constitution that includes kapha or a tridoshic constitution, it is an excellent formula for kapha season which in most parts of the world is late winter and spring. This time of year tends to be cool and wet, which are qualities that can aggravate kapha. Healthy Kapha contains warming and astringent herbs that help the system remain balanced throughout the season.
Kapha Herbs for Bowel Health: Triphala tablets
- Balancing Formula for Detoxification & Rejuvenation
- Assists natural internal cleansing
- Gently maintains regularity
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the tissues
- Supports healthy digestion and absorption
- Natural antioxidant
Triphala is recommended and used more than any other Ayurvedic herbal formulation. Popular for its unique ability to gently cleanse and detoxify the system while simultaneously replenishing and nourishing it, this traditional formula supports the proper functions of the digestive, circulatory, respiratory and genitourinary systems.
Translated as “three fruits”, it is composed of the dried fruits of amalaki, bibhitakiand haritaki. Containing five of the six tastes (all but salty), Triphala readily removes excess vata, pitta and kapha from the body, bringing balance and proper functioning to the system. It is commonly taken as a daily supplement to help maintain balance of the doshas.
Brahmi/Gotu Kola liquid extract
- A mental rejuvenative that supports healthy brain and nervous system function
- Supports memory, intelligence and concentration
- Supports proper function of the nervous system
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
Those familiar with “the doctrine of signatures” may not find it surprising that a plant with a leaf that resembles a cerebellum, would have a special affinity for the brain. Brahmi is a renowned mental rejuvenative traditionally used to promote the intellect, enhance mental performance and support proper function of the nervous system. The leaves are highly sattvic (pure, harmonious) and historically have been eaten by yogis to assist in meditation.
Brahmi is said to improve concentration, memory and alertness. It is a natural blood purifier and helps support clear, healthy skin. Brahmi is also famous for promoting healthy, lustrous hair and is often applied as an oil for this purpose. The herb is cooling and relaxing, making it an excellent tonic for pitta. It also calms vata in the mind and reduces excess kapha in the body. A truly amazing herb that lives up to its name, which means “the energy of universal consciousness”.
- A traditional rejuvenative for vata & kapha that promotes vitality & strength.
- Increases energy and vitality
- General adaptogen for combating stress
- Assists in calming the mind and promotes restful sleep
- Supports proper function of the adrenals
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is one of the most highly regarded and commonly used adaptogens in the Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia. Maximizing the body’s ability to resist stress, it enables the body to reserve and sustain vital energy throughout the day while promoting sound, restful sleep at night. It is considered one of the best herbs for calming vata and for revitalizing the male reproductive system.
Used by both men and women, it maintains proper nourishment of the tissues, particularly muscle and bone, while supporting proper function of the adrenals. This potent herb is used to promote muscle strength and to support comfortable joint movement. It is also used to maintain potency and a healthy libido, for it is said to bestow upon its user the vitality and strength of a horse. As a rejuvenative, Ashwagandha is particularly useful to seniors and for anyone that would benefit from a nourishing, natural source of energy.
Daily Routine Kit
The Daily Routine Kit provides you with the basic supplies you need to kickstart your Ayurvedic daily routine:
- Daily Massage Oil (4oz.): Daily Massage Oil is formulated to balance all three doshas: vata, pitta, and kapha. The base uses both warming and cooling oils to allow the oil to have a simultaneous penetrating and soothing effect.
- Triphala tablets: This formula contains three of the most important Ayurvedic herbs for detoxification and rejuvenation. Made from the powder of three superfruits, Triphala promotes healthy elimination while also replenishing the tissues and supporting your immune system.
- Tongue Cleaner: According to Ayurveda, cleaning the tongue is an important part of the daily oral hygiene routine, along with regular brushing and flossing of the teeth. Gently scraping the tongue with a tongue cleaner can effectively reduce the bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath.
- Nasya Oil (1oz.): Nasya Oil soothes and protects the nasal passages and helps relieve sinus congestion. Daily nasal lubrication helps to release tension in the head and relieve accumulated stress. Balancing for vata, pitta, and kapha, Nasya Oil is also traditionally said to improve quality of voice, strengthen vision and promote mental clarity.
Ginger (Fresh) liquid extract
- Supports overall health, wellness and comfort
- Promotes digestion and the elimination of natural toxins
- Supports proper function of the lungs and healthy, comfortable breathing
- Supports a comfortable post meal experience
- Promotes comfortable menstruation
Ginger is known as ‘the universal medicine’ for its broad range of health promoting benefits. One of the three pungent herbs in the traditional formula Trikatu (Kapha Digest), ginger warms the body and reduces kapha and vata. It supports healthy circulation, vasodilation and promotes sweating. A heating spice, ginger enkindles the digestive fire, burns ama (natural toxins) and supports post meal abdominal comfort.
Ginger promotes healthy expectoration and removes excess kapha from the lungs. It supports comfortable movement of the joints and is found in many traditional Ayurvedic joint health formulas including Kaishore Guggulu and Yogaraj Guggulu. Ginger also promotes comfort during menstruation and stomach comfort during motion intensive travel.
Kapha Herbs for Blood Sugar: Sweet Ease tablets
- Reduces Kapha and Promotes Healthy Blood Glucose Levels
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels already within a normal range
- Supports proper function of the pancreas
- Reduces excess kapha
- Maintains healthy digestion
Sweet Ease is a kapha-reducing formula created to support healthy blood sugar levels and the proper function of the pancreas. Shardunika, a main ingredient, is known as “the destroyer of sweet”. Modern studies suggest that it helps the pancreas maintain healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range by supporting the production of insulin. Along with shardunika, Sweet Ease combines other Ayurvedic herbs like neem and turmeric that have been used together for centuries to support the pancreas and to help the body digest sweet, unctuous and heavy substances. This formula also bolsters the immune system while toning the urinary tract and supporting healthy urination.
- With Chitrak and Guggulu
- Improves circulation
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Increases metabolism
- Assists in detoxification
A weight management program that includes regular exercise and a healthy diet can be further enhanced with daily self-massage. Massaging the thighs, buttocks, abdomen and other areas where excess weight accumulates helps to improve circulation, increase metabolism and stimulate the lymphatic system. Trim Balm delivers kapha-reducing herbs directly through the skin, aiding in detoxifying and toning the tissues. In a base of sesame, sunflower and almond oils, this invigorating blend moisturizes and firms the skin while nourishing and strengthening the body.