- Growing tulsi to cultivate harmony
- Moving towards a sattvic life
- Endometriosis: an Ayurvedic perspective
- Which Ayurveda Are You Into?
- Your Ayurvedic Constitution Does Not Excuse Your Behavior
- Re-Grow Your Brain Cells
- Misunderstandings of the Modern Chakra-Healing Movements
- Eating for Your Ayurvedic Body Type
- Building Soma Through Balanced Agni
- Don’t Let Stress Break Your Heart: An Ayurvedic Approach to a Healthy Heart
How to Fall Asleep at Night (Energy Feed #4)
But what if you’re having trouble falling asleep in the first place?
Following a gentle evening routine is key to priming your body for sleepiness and easily falling asleep each night.
This DOES NOT have to be an ornate routine. Having a simple routine that you follow each night will—usually within a few nights of doing it—begin to cue your body for sleep.
In this Energy Feed I describe a simple bedtime routine that anyone can do and that will help you fall asleep more easily and more deeply every night by helping you sync up with your own natural biorhythms again.
A Simple but Effective Bedtime Routine[00:50] One hour before bed: Dim the lights… [01:25] And turn off the screens… [02:05] Then have some cuddle time… [02:55] 20 minutes before: Brush and floss your teeth… [03:15] 15 minutes before: Foot massage… [03:50] 5 minutes before bed: Sleep, deep nasal breathing…
Watch the full video above for details of HOW and WHY this simple bedtime routine can work for you. Then let me know in the video comments how it works out for you.
If getting a good night’s sleep interests you, be sure to subscribe to the Everyday Ayurveda newsletter, where you’ll receive weekly updates with more practical Ayurvedic advice, including each one of my future videos.