- How to Use the Primordial Sounds of the Chakras for Healing
- Shhhh…it’s time to sleep.
- Become Energized by Tapping into a Source of Long-Lasting Vitality!
- Pratyahara and Mastering the Senses
- Eightfold Examination in Ayurveda
- Darshan Project Video Series: Part 2 – General Approaches
- What the Hell Should We Eat Anyway?
- How to Ask Holistic Health Practitioners the “Right” Questions
- 8 Promises and Benefits of Hatha Yoga
- Empowering the Minds of Our Young Adults
John Douillard’s LifeSpa: Yoga Journal’s Ayurveda 101 Online eCourse
Date(s) - 12/05/2016 - 06/17/2017
Categories No Categories
I get asked ALL THE TIME when I’m going to create an Introduction to Ayurveda course and where you can go to learn more specifics about Ayurveda. So I was really excited when Yoga Journal came to me with this idea to do 3 eCourses on the basics of Ayurveda segmented by season and dosha qualities. I thought “YES! This is perfect.” Then to make it even more profound and information-packed, we have my good friend Larissa Hall-Carlson who is the former dean of the School of Ayurveda at Kripalu teaching the yoga poses for each session!
If Ayurveda is the sister science of yoga and means “the science of life,” why don’t we use it more in the yoga studio and in life? This course demystifies the most elemental and mind-body balancing ancient science known to yogis. The four-week program or year-long package allows you to learn about your body’s natural needs through each season and how to heal, eat, cook and cleanse for true balance. Plus, self-care demonstration techniques adapted to your individual dosha and signature yoga practices and poses you can use at home or as a teacher.
You can decide to just take the course for the season or dosha you’re interested in, or you can challenge yourself to learn Ayurveda for all seasons of the year and all doshas. Register and purchase all three courses (winter, spring and summer) today or purchase an individual course using code JDOUILLARD and receive 15% off!
The winter session launches December 5th, but is available for enrollment through March. All you methodical Kapha folk, this is the season for you, so don’t wait!
NOTE: This course qualifies for 30 Yoga Alliance CEUs.