- How to transition from your Ayurvedic spring cleanse
- Thyroid Autoimmune Disorders: An Ayurvedic Perspective
- Ayurveda helps us understand that “all life is yoga”
- The Power of Being Gentle: An Easy Ayurvedic Spring Cleanse
- The Problem with the Paleo Diet
- Golden Milk – Recipe to Balance All Doshas
- 8 Tips for a Healthy Spring Diet
- Can Ayurveda Help Treat Kidney Failure?
- Want Gorgeous, Luscious Locks? DIY Ayurvedic Hair Care
- 8 Step Ayurvedic Morning Ritual
John Douillard’s LifeSpa: Groundbreaking Research on Melatonin with Dr. Paula Witt-Enderby
Date(s) - 06/05/2017
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Categories No Categories
While melatonin is most commonly known to treat sleep disorders, many may not know that melatonin is closely connected with the our circadian rhythms – our internal body clocks that regulate hormone levels, metabolism, gene expression, sleep and wakefulness, and appetite. The pineal gland produces melatonin, which keeps these rhythms in check.
Disruption of the circadian rhythms and decreases in melatonin can occur from light exposure at night, shift work, long hours, and/or aging, and has been associated with various serious health concerns, including increased risk of cancers, poor cognition, bone loss, sleep and weight issues, heart problems and more.
Join us in this podcast to learn about simple life hacks to minimize circadian disruption and boost the body’s natural production of melatonin.
Join us for the airing of this podcast on Monday, June 5th at 5:30 Mountain