- Re-Grow Your Brain Cells
- Misunderstandings of the Modern Chakra-Healing Movements
- Eating for Your Ayurvedic Body Type
- Building Soma Through Balanced Agni
- Don’t Let Stress Break Your Heart: An Ayurvedic Approach to a Healthy Heart
- Marma Chikitsa: 9 Potential Benefits
- Can You Go 3 Evenings Without Media?
- 5 Tips to Stop Cravings
- Yogic Psychology and the Effects of Meditation
- Trust Your Heart: Ayurvedic Wisdom to Cultivate Heartfelt Energy
Constipation Relief for Every Body (Energy Feed #14)
If constipation is a problem for you (even sometimes), you’re in the right place to figure out a solution.
In my last “Energy Feed” you learned some Ayurvedic context for why constipation occurs.
Today’s is about WHAT TO DO to uproot those causes. Constipation indicates a serious imbalance in the stacking stones of your health, and there are ways to regain the balance.
How to Antidote to Constipation
Constipation means you don’t poop regularly, easily or fully.
Ayurvedically speaking, this happens because of an overabundance of wind in the tunnels of your digestive system—a.k.a vata dosha—which has a cold, drying, erroding effect. That wind also has an extremely mobile, erratic nature that can wreak havoc in your bowels.
To balance out that excessive coldness, dryness and eroding erraticness, you simply want to apply opposite qualities: warmth, lubrication and rhythm.
How can you do this? My top three recommendations are:
#1. Every morning, first thing in the morning, drink a glass of warm water. (Here’s why.)
#2. Create rhythm to your eating. Eat three meals a day with no snacking between them. (Here’s why.)
#3. Focus on eating warm, nourishing, whole foods. (Here’s why.)
Watch the full video above for all the details…