- Live in Harmony with Nature: 3 Practical Tips from Ayurveda
- Sense Therapy: More than Meets the Eye
- What are Doshas, Exactly?
- A Review of Low Fat Diets
- Ayurveda: The Art of Living Wisely
- Ayurvedic Oil Massage for Busy People
- Euphoria: Get the Rush without the Risk
- How to Use the Primordial Sounds of the Chakras for Healing
- Shhhh…it’s time to sleep.
- Become Energized by Tapping into a Source of Long-Lasting Vitality!
Constipation Relief for Every Body (Energy Feed #14)
If constipation is a problem for you (even sometimes), you’re in the right place to figure out a solution.
In my last “Energy Feed” you learned some Ayurvedic context for why constipation occurs.
Today’s is about WHAT TO DO to uproot those causes. Constipation indicates a serious imbalance in the stacking stones of your health, and there are ways to regain the balance.
How to Antidote to Constipation
Constipation means you don’t poop regularly, easily or fully.
Ayurvedically speaking, this happens because of an overabundance of wind in the tunnels of your digestive system—a.k.a vata dosha—which has a cold, drying, erroding effect. That wind also has an extremely mobile, erratic nature that can wreak havoc in your bowels.
To balance out that excessive coldness, dryness and eroding erraticness, you simply want to apply opposite qualities: warmth, lubrication and rhythm.
How can you do this? My top three recommendations are:
#1. Every morning, first thing in the morning, drink a glass of warm water. (Here’s why.)
#2. Create rhythm to your eating. Eat three meals a day with no snacking between them. (Here’s why.)
#3. Focus on eating warm, nourishing, whole foods. (Here’s why.)
Watch the full video above for all the details…