- Growing tulsi to cultivate harmony
- Moving towards a sattvic life
- Endometriosis: an Ayurvedic perspective
- Which Ayurveda Are You Into?
- Your Ayurvedic Constitution Does Not Excuse Your Behavior
- Re-Grow Your Brain Cells
- Misunderstandings of the Modern Chakra-Healing Movements
- Eating for Your Ayurvedic Body Type
- Building Soma Through Balanced Agni
- Don’t Let Stress Break Your Heart: An Ayurvedic Approach to a Healthy Heart
What Causes Constipation? (Energy Feed #13)
Pooping: it’s one of the body’s most important indicators of health.
Not pooping (or not pooping regularly or satisfyingly): it’s one of the body’s most important indicators of un-health.
Constipation is a common problem these days. Ayurvedically speaking, that’s often because there is such a great vata imbalance in our modern culture.
What is Vata?
Vata is wind in space. And wind whipping around in space is cold and drying. It fills up all the spaces in the body, creating cold, dry, rough conditions when there isn’t a healthy balance of warmth and lubrication to offset it.
This vata also happens to be born in the colon, so your bowel movements are a key signal to whether or not vata has gone out of whack in your system. If your colon has become cold, dry and rough inside, you’ll know it, because your stool likewise comes out hard, small, painful…or not at all.
Find out more about your constipation in this short “Energy Feed” below.
Also stay tuned, because in the next “Energy Feeds” episode, you’ll find out how to relieve that constipation. Click here to be notified when that episode is available.