- Endometriosis: an Ayurvedic perspective
- Which Ayurveda Are You Into?
- Your Ayurvedic Constitution Does Not Excuse Your Behavior
- Re-Grow Your Brain Cells
- Misunderstandings of the Modern Chakra-Healing Movements
- Eating for Your Ayurvedic Body Type
- Building Soma Through Balanced Agni
- Don’t Let Stress Break Your Heart: An Ayurvedic Approach to a Healthy Heart
- Marma Chikitsa: 9 Potential Benefits
- Can You Go 3 Evenings Without Media?
All posts by Kathy Gehlken
Is Ayurveda often misused in the war on weight?
With thanks to contributions by Dr. Yashashree Mannur, BAMS ‘Tis the season to think about dieting. Or is it? Many of us are thinking about New Year’s resolutions that revolve around weight. Thinness is the Holy Grail...
- Posted February 10, 2017
Abhyanga: Love your Skin!
If you have ever consulted with an Ayurvedic Practitioner, chances are that they recommended abhyanga to you. Abhyangas are a prized therapy in Ayurvedic Medicine and can be received from a massage therapist or self-administered. Christine Tykeson,...
- Posted November 4, 2016
STOP! Is that Recipe Actually Ayurvedic?
The internet proliferates with recipes for Ayurvedic foods. You can find ‘Ayurvedic’ recipes for everything from smoothies to popsicles to kale chips. What makes these recipes particularly Ayurvedic? Is it the spices, the ingredients or the combinations?...
- Posted October 19, 2016