- Cutting Back on Caffeine
- Craving Sound Sleep? How to Doze in Rhythm with Nature
- Warm Up with Vata-Reducing Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Sugar-free diet: an Ayurvedic review
- Is Coconut Oil the New Toothpaste?
- Vamakukshi: Can a “Catnap” Help Your Digestion?
- Say Goodbye to Constipation – An Ayurvedic Perspective
- The Surprising Truth About Cholesterol
- Ayurvedic Cleanse: How to Reset Health in 4 Days
- Chai Tea for Every Season
All posts by Kathy Gehlken
Is it Ayurvedic…or just another recipe?
The internet proliferates with recipes for Ayurvedic foods. You can find ‘Ayurvedic’ recipes for everything from smoothies to popsicles to kale chips. What makes these recipes particularly Ayurvedic? Is it the spices, the ingredients or the combinations?...
- Posted July 18, 2015
Is Ayurveda often misused in the war on weight?
With thanks to contributions by Dr. Yashashree Mannur, BAMS ‘Tis the season to think about dieting. Or is it? Many of us are thinking about New Year’s resolutions that revolve around weight. Thinness is the Holy Grail...
- Posted January 21, 2015
Abhyanga : Love your Skin!
If you have ever consulted with an Ayurvedic Practitioner, chances are that they recommended abhyanga to you. Abhyangas are a prized therapy in Ayurvedic Medicine and can be received from a massage therapist or self-administered. Christine Tykeson,...
- Posted January 6, 2014