- Ayurveda on the Road
- Chikitsa Padah: The “4 Limbs of Treatment”
- Ginger: The Universal Medicine
- The Miracle of Lymph
- Stop Feeling Blue: Ayurveda for Depression
- Owning Your Pitta Dosha
- Caffeine Withdrawal—5 Steps to Kick the Coffee Habit (Energy Feed #12)
- Age Of Vata: Hasten Slowly!
- Leaving the Smoothies of Atonement (a ficto-meditation)
- How to Pick the Best Chai Spices
All posts by Kathy Gehlken
Abhyanga: Love your Skin!
If you have ever consulted with an Ayurvedic Practitioner, chances are that they recommended abhyanga to you. Abhyangas are a prized therapy in Ayurvedic Medicine and can be received from a massage therapist or self-administered. Christine Tykeson,...
- Posted November 4, 2016
STOP! Is that Recipe Actually Ayurvedic?
The internet proliferates with recipes for Ayurvedic foods. You can find ‘Ayurvedic’ recipes for everything from smoothies to popsicles to kale chips. What makes these recipes particularly Ayurvedic? Is it the spices, the ingredients or the combinations?...
- Posted October 19, 2016
Is Ayurveda often misused in the war on weight?
With thanks to contributions by Dr. Yashashree Mannur, BAMS ‘Tis the season to think about dieting. Or is it? Many of us are thinking about New Year’s resolutions that revolve around weight. Thinness is the Holy Grail...
- Posted January 21, 2015